North Central London CCG is a new organisation, established in April 2020. It has brought together five existing CCGs – Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington.
North Central London CCG will commission safe, effective and responsive services that meet population health needs, promote wellbeing and reduce inequalities, to deliver the maximum positive impact within the resources available. We are proud that some of the health and care services offered in North Central London are among the best in the country, but there is still more work to do to better join up care for residents, tackle ongoing health inequalities, reduce waste and build a financially sustainable system for the future.
Our Case For Change presentation summarises why we think forming one clinical commissioning group is the right thing to do, to:
- Accelerate our work to build new ways of working across the system
- Build a more efficient and effective operating model
- Make better use of our resources for local residents and achieve economies of scale
- Support the development of Integrated Care Partnerships and Primary Care Networks
- Become an organisation with much greater resilience
- Provide a single, strong and consistent vision and voice for our partners
- Enable greater opportunities for working together as ‘one NHS’ to deliver improved outcomes for our population and reduce health inequalities.
As a new organisation, our plans will evolved in the coming months. We have published our response to the NHS Long Term Plan and we are developing our Integrated Care System and local Integrated Care Partnerships.