The roll-out of the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme has been going well in Islington. We are so grateful to all the volunteer marshals and stewarts who have come forward in response to recent requests for volunteer support in two local clinics (Bingfield and Hanley Primary Care Centres) and the mass vaccination site at the Business Design Centre.
We now need more volunteers for these vaccination sites. We welcome volunteers from all of Islington’s diverse communities and young people aged 18-26.
All volunteers that have not already been vaccinated will be offered the vaccine at the start of their volunteering journey, as well as training and ongoing support. Volunteers will also be able to access accredited health champion training that is being provided by Islington and Camden Public Health Good Conversation in Challenging Times.
The Good Conversation in Challenging Times course has been designed for frontline staff, volunteers and champions who are in direct contact with the public who:
- wish to develop or sharpen their conversational skills and knowledge of basic health and wellbeing advice
- need to support people to be aware of (and adhere to) COVID-19 advice and guidance.
- Friday 16 April at 1-3pm. You can book your place here
- Wednesday 5 May, 6-8pm. You can book your place here.
If you are interested in applying:
- More information and how to apply for Volunteer Steward roles at the two local clinics can be found here.
- More information and how to apply for Volunteer Marshal roles at the Business Design Centre can be found here.
Please note: We request that people who are clinically extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable do not volunteer for these roles even if they have been vaccinated.