In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the increasing need for us to care for patients requiring urgent, emergency and COVID-19 care, we have unfortunately had to reduce some non-urgent, planned procedures and outpatient services in North Central London.
While some services remain operational, these have a reduced capacity and we expect this to continue to reduce in the coming days. In order to ensure we are using our resources effectively, we are standing down all but the most urgent cases in our acute hospitals. This will free up vital staff to help care for patients with the most urgent clinical needs.
Non-urgent outpatient services are also stopping where possible, with the exception of diagnostic services such as endoscopy, phlebotomy and imaging which we will maintain for as long as is safe to do so.
Please be advised, Moorfields Eye Hospital elective and outpatient services are unaffected by these changes.
Some community services are also being reduced or stood down to allow staff to be redeployed to support discharge, community beds, rapid response and urgent and emergency care.
As Covid-19 cases continue to rise across London, we expect further changes to be made, possibly with short notice, in the coming days and weeks.
Urgent and emergency care, including cancer treatments will continue across all of our hospitals. Patients experiencing a serious or life threatening emergency should dial 999 immediately.
NHS 111 will be available for urgent medical advice throughout the Christmas period.
Trust websites and social media will also contain the latest information on local services that are available throughout the holidays.
We will review these decisions on an ongoing basis and hope to restart these services as soon as possible.
Trust websites and social media accounts
- Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust
- Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Free London (incorporating Royal Free Hospital, Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital)
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust
- The Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Whittington Health NHS Trust