In north central London (NCL) we are providing the vaccine in a number of ways.
Our GPs and pharmacies are working together to provide local, easy to access vaccination clinics within our local communities.
Wherever you live, we now have a GP practice or pharmacy offering vaccination clinics close to you. And we also have new large vaccination centres opening all the time, plus hospital hubs which are mainly for the vaccination of people working in health and care.
Those residents within the priority groups outlined by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) will be invited to receive their vaccination first. These include:
- residents in a care home and their carers
- all those 65 years of age and over
- clinically extremely vulnerable individuals over 16 years
- individuals with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of serious disease and mortality over 16 years
- frontline health and social care workers.
But we will soon also be approaching other groups, including those aged in their 60s, and people of all ages with certain other underlying conditions.
You may need to travel to a nearby GP that is different to the one you usually visit.
It is very important that you attend your vaccination appointment when it has been confirmed.
Please don’t contact your surgery to book an appointment, they will get in touch with you when it is your turn.