A strong partnership of councils, NHS organisations, voluntary and community organisations across Barnet, Camden, Enfield, Haringey and Islington, is working closely together to deliver the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Getting your COVID-19 vaccine
All adults (aged 18 and over) can now get a COVID-19 vaccination.
You can get a vaccination:
- At a walk-in vaccination clinic – many venues offer walk-in appointments for COVID-19 vaccinations, without needing to book in advance
- By booking an appointment at a vaccination centre, either online at www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination or by calling 119.
If you are aged under 18 and are eligible for the vaccine because you are clinically vulnerable or you work in health or social care, you can arrange a vaccine appointment with your GP.
The four vaccines confirmed as safe and highly effective by the expert Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) are:
- Moderna vaccine
- Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine
- Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
- Janssen vaccine (available later this year)
The latest information about the COVID-19 vaccines is available here.
The COVID-19 vaccine is given as two doses. The first dose of the vaccine offers a high level of protection, but to get maximum and longer-lasting protection, everyone will need to get a second dose.
Second doses are available from 8 weeks (56 days) after the first dose. In most cases, you will have two doses of the same vaccine.
If you have any questions about the vaccines, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.
After your vaccination
Vaccines are our best defence against the virus but, even once you’ve had a vaccination, it remains important to follow precautions to protect yourselves and your family:
- meet people outside if possible
- open doors and windows to let in fresh air if meeting people inside
- limit the number of people you meet and avoid crowded places
- wear a face covering when it’s hard to stay away from other people – particularly indoors or in crowded places
- wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser regularly throughout the day